Phone Friend Volunteer Opportunities
Phone Friend volunteers are an important part of Phone Friend. Volunteers answer calls Monday-Friday between the hours of 1:00 PM-6:30 PM at the call center in Tempe. Phone Friend provides a free orientation and training for all volunteers. After the completion of the training, Phone Friend requires that volunteers dedicate a minimum of twenty hours to the program.
Phone Friend Volunteer Requirements
- Must have experience working with school age children
- Have three acceptable character references
- Be at least 15 years of age
Advantages of Volunteering at Phone Friend
- Flexibility - schedule your own days and time
- Serve as a role model
- Make a difference in the lives of children with every phone call you answer
- Go home every day feeling like you have accomplished something with positive, long-term effects
Want to Know More?
For more information regarding the Phone Friend Program, please contact the Association for Supportive Child Care:
480-829-0500 x 2104 (Maricopa County)
480-535-4599 x 2104 (Toll Free)
Angela Alvarez, Program Coordinator
Volunteer Interest Form
Interested in volunteering with Phone Friend? Let us know!